- Discover the ancient and mysterious land of Tibet
- Potala Palace, an awe inspiring landmark that towers over Lhasa
- Jokhang Temple
- Side visit to heavenly Namtso Lake
- Discover the largest saltwater lake creating an integrated, scenic visa.
Classical Tibet Tour
Trip Code: HDTN1
- Activities: Cultural Tours, Family Holidays
- Max. Altitude: 3656 m/11995ft
- Group Size: 01 - 18
- Trip Seasons: April - Mid Nov
This itinerary is designed to give you a hint of what is possible. We can adjust this trip to suit your specific requirements.Inquire Now
Ask the Expert
Consult With Our Experienced Staff & We’ll Make Your Dreams Come True.
Begin with a dream or an idea. Let us take your ideas and create for you a memorable trip to the Himalayas..Call Us at :
916 298 6617
Day by Day
Day 01 ARRIVAL IN LHASA 3656 m/11995ft.
- Arrival in Lhasa
Day 02 LHASA TOUR, POTALA PALACE, JOKHANG TEMPLE AND BARKHOR STREET
- LHASA TOUR, POTALA PALACE, JOKHANG TEMPLE AND BARKHOR STREET
Day 03 LHASA TOUR- DREPUNG AND SERA MONASTERY
- LHASA TOUR- DREPUNG AND SERA MONASTERY
Day 04 LHASA TO NAMTSO LAKE [250 KMS/155 MILES, 5 HRS]
- LHASA TO NAMTSO LAKE [250 KMS/155 MILES, 5 HRS]
Day 05 NAMTSO LAKE TO LHASA VISA YAMPACHEN [230 KMS/143 MILES, 5 HRS]
- NAMTSO LAKE TO LHASA VISA YAMPACHEN [230 KMS/143 MILES, 5 HRS]
Day 06 FINAL DEPARTURE FROM LHASA, TIBET
- FINAL DEPARTURE FROM LHASA, TIBET
Tour Cost Includes:
- Applicable Entrance Fees - Potala Palace, Johkang Temple, Sera Monastery and Drepung Monastery, Ganden Monastery
- Professional Tibetan English speaking tour guide through out the tour.
- Tibet Travel Permit
- Accommodation on twin sharing with breakfast
- All ground transportation by private air conditioned car or coach
Tour Cost Excludes:
- International Air Ticket Fare
- Chinese Visa Fees
- Lunch and Dinner as indicated
- Travel and Health Insurance
- Expenses of personal nature
Dates and Price
Getting into Tibet:
To get to Lhasa, it is possible to fly from major Chinese cities as well as from Kathmandu and other Asian airports, (HongKong, Bangkok} Flights from these cities will lead you to Chengdu, China and then on to Lhasa.
Chinese Visa and Tibet Travel Permit:
The foreign tourists must apply for a Tibetan travel permit before entering Lhasa and traveling around Tibet, according to the law of People's Republic of China. If your travel begins at Kathmandu, we will take care of all details for you. We will pre-process your visa application and it will be ready for the final work when you arrive in Kathmandu. If your travel begins in Bangkok or Hong Kong or any mainland Chinese cities, we suggest that you obtain a Chinese visa on your own from the nearest Chinese embassy or consulate in your home country and provide Himalayan Dreams with a copy of it a month ahead of your travel plans. Please, do not indicate on your visa form that you are traveling to Tibet. Leave the rest of the details and processing to us.
When to go:
Tibet is on a high plateau, its climate belongs to the typical downy special climate. Lhasa’s climate is mild without severe winters or summers, temperatures in May, June and September are between 12 to 15 degree centigrade, Lhasa also benefits from long hours of sunshine as rainfalls mainly at night leaving days bright and sunny. The main rainy season is between July and September. From November to March Lhasa is cold with average temperature between -2 to 4 degree centigrade.
Tour cost and dates are subject to change. International airfare to Kathmandu and return not included. #Nepal - Tibet Kodari Border blocked by the earthquake in 2015 and has yet to be repaired.
Currently there are no fixed departure dates for this trip. Please click the button below for the inquiry or you can also book this trip as a private departure with your desired dates.
Book this trip as a private departure
for any group size, big or smallBOOK NOW
What you see in this trip