Annapurna Base Camp Trek
It is one of the major trekking routes of Annapurna region. The trail takes you through beautiful valleys, dense mossy forests and icy waterfalls. One can view majestic Himalayas around every corner in the trek. No doubt, the trek also offers a unique experience to every visitor which would cherish in the rest of their live. While in this trek, one can also view Poon Hill which offers best view point among other trekking routes of Annapurna region. From this point, one can view the mountain peaks such as Dhaulagiri (8,167m.), Annapurna I (8,091m.), Machapurhre (Fish Tail) (6993m), Tukuche (6920m), Nilgiri ( 6940m), Hiunchuli (6441m), Annapurna South (7219m), Lamjung Himal (6931m) and some other smaller peaks. The region is dominated by the Gurungs and Magars. Dense rhododendron forests, varieties of bird species, deep sub-tropical valleys, traditional villages, age-old tradition and culture, hospitable people, ever-smiling faces of the people, majestic mountain views are some of the major attractions of this trek.
This itinerary is designed to give you a hint of what is possible. We can adjust this trip to suit your specific requirements.Inquire Now
- It is one of the major trekking routes of Annapurna region. The trail takes you through beautiful valleys, dense mossy forests and icy waterfalls
- 360 degree view of the world's tallest mountains including Annapurnas
- majestic view of Himalayas around every corner in the trek. The trek also offers a unique experience to every visitor which would cherish in the rest of their live.
- Trip Duration: 15-30 days
- Destination: Nepal
- Activities: Cultural Tours, Trekking & Walking
- Trip Grade: Medium
- Group Size: 2
- Trip Seasons: August through May
- Price: $500 - $1500
- Max. Altitude: 4130m/13550ft
Ask the Expert
Consult our experienced staff and we’ll make your dreams come true.
Begin with a dream or an idea. Let us take your ideas and create for you a memorable trip to the Himalayas..Call Us at :
916 298 6617
Day by Day
Day 01 ARRIVE IN KATHMANDU 1300m/4243ft.
- The immensity of the Kathmandu Valley is evident as you fly into Tribhuvan International Airport, with Kathmandu stretching into the Himalaya mountains on the horizon. Arrive in Kathmandu, assistance upon arrival and transfer to Hotel.
- Welcome Dinner
Day 02 KATHMANDUT TO POKHARA - 8 hrs.
- Scenic Mountain drives along the Trishuli River where you will have the experience of white water rafting for three and a half hours. You will cross approx 32 kms by river boat. The Trishuli River is located just 3 and half hours drive west of Kathmandu. Rafting on the Trishuli River offers excellent views of mountain scenery, small gorges, and exciting rapids along with river sand beaches. After 4 hours of an exciting rafting experience, you will continue the scenic drive to Pokhara. Overnight at the hotel.
Day 03 TREK TO LANDRUNG – 1699m/5575ft. – 5 hrs.
- After breakfast at the hotel we’ll catch transportation to the Phedior Kade where we’ll start the trekking. Less than an hour’s drive to Phedi by private Car / Van, we then begin trek to Landrung. Overnight accommodation will be at the local lodge/ Guest House with all meals included.
Day 04 TREK TO CHHOMRONG – 2170m/7120ft. – 5 hrs.
- After crossing the Modi river trek along the village and gradually ascend to Kimru ridge through a sparse forest. Descend down through thicker forest to Kimru river and stop for lunch. After lunch is a steep ascent for about 3 hours, then the trail levels off till you reach Chomrong. Walking approx 5- 6 hours. Overnight at Guest House.
Day 05 TREK TO DOVAN – 2546M/8355FT – 5hrs.
- From Chomrong village, trail descends to Chomro River and ascends after crossing it. Pass through thick forest vegetation and follow the western bank of Modi river to Khuldi for lunch. After lunch, another 3 hours trek through bamboo and bushes takes you to Doban and overnight. Overnight at lodge .
Day 06 TREK TO MACHAPUCCHRE BASECAMP – 3700m/12140 5ft. – 6hrs.
- A trek of the narrow Modi Khola valley will bring you almost to the base of the Machhapuchhare Base Camp. Today we climb on past the Machhapuchhare Base Camp (which isn't really a base camp since climbing the mountain is not permitted) to the Annapurna Base Camp (4130m) This area is called the Annapurna Sanctuary since it is totally surrounded by mountains. From here it is a two-hour trek to Annapurna Base camp, which offers spectacular views. You will spend a day gazing at the snow covered peaks above and the beauty of the surrounding landscape, overnight at Machhapuchhure Base Camp in a guest house.
Day 07 TREK TO ANNAPURNA BASECAMP – BAMBOO 4130m/ 6 hrs.
- Trek to Annapurna Base Camp from Machhapuchhre Base Camp then trek down to Bamboo (2300m) . Today the trail gradually descends all the way down to Bamboo through Himalayan Hotel and Dovan. Overnight at Guest House
Day 08 TREK TO CHHOMRONG – 5 hrs.
- The same trek will take you to the Chhomrong Village. Overnight at Guest House.
Day 09 TREK TO TADAPANI – 4 hrs
- You will cross some Gurung villages, a landslide, and a suspension bridge, last part of the trek is steep climb to Tadapani. This place is surrounded by rhododendron forest so you will have an opportunity to see lounger monkeys. You will watch the fabulous sunrise over fish tail, Gangapurna and Annapurna range. Stay overnight in Tadapani (2,710m/8,891ft).
Day 10 TREK TO GHOREPANI 2,850m/ 6hrs
- The trail descends through rhododendron forests to a stream and steps ascending to Deurali, from where you will see fabulous views of Himalayas including Dhaulagiri (8,167m/26,795ft). The path descends to Ghorepani (2,850m/9,350ft) for overnight. You will encounter the first of many elaborately decorated horse and mule caravans.(
Day 11 TREK TO TIKHEDHUNGA- 4 hrs.
- Early in the morning you will trek to Poon hill (3,210m/10,531ft) for sunrise viewing; you can view over 15 white-capped peaks, the whole Annapurna range. Many people talk about having a life changing experience after viewing the sunrise over the panorama of the Himalayas. After breakfast continue on the path as it descends to Tikhedhunga. Overnight at Guest House.
Day 12 TREK TO NAYAPUL AND DRIVE TO POKHARA
- Trek to Nayapul before your lunch and then catch transportation for the drive back to Pokhara.
Day at leisure. Overnight at Hotel.
- B & L
- Trek to Nayapul before your lunch and then catch transportation for the drive back to Pokhara.
Day 13 FLY FROM POKHARA TO KTM
- Fly back to Kathmandu and relax for the rest of the day.
Day 14 KATHMANDU- HALF DAY SIGHTSEEING
- Half day sightseeing in Kathmandu and rest of the day at leisure.
Day 15 FINAL DEPARTURE FROM KATHMANDU
- Leisurely breakfast at the hotel. Rest of the day on your own for last minute shopping, catching up with new acquaintances or bidding farewell to old ones. Transfer to the airport for your onward flight.
- International and domestic airport transfers as per the itinerary by private vehicle and arrival assistance inclusive of porterage charges
- Twin sharing Accommodation in Kathmandu with breakfast
- Welcome dinner with live Nepalese culture program at an Authentic Nepalese Restaurant
- Guided sightseeing tour as per the itinerary with applicable entrance fee
- Domestic flights, applicable taxes with cargo charges
- Provision of all meals on the trek
- All necessary trekking permits and conservation entrance fees
- 14 Breakfasts, 11 Lunches and 11 Dinners
- All ground transportation by A/C luxury vehicle
- Professional multi-lingual trekking and tour guide, porters and their insurance
- Nepal visa fee (check latest travel to Nepal link)
- Lunch and Dinner in Kathmandu.
- Personal travel Insurance.
- Personal expenses such as telephone bills, laundry, bar bills.
- Applicable incurred cost due to cancelled or delayed flights.
A Day In Your Trek :
A trek-day starts around 6 a.m. with a cup of tea/coffee. After packing your duffel and day-pack a breakfast of porridge/muesli/cornflakes/Tibetan bread/egg with tea or coffee is served.The day's trek starts around 7.30-8.00 a.m. Porters carry all luggage and equipment. All you need to carry in your day-pack are a water bottle, rain/wind jacket, camera and other small items you may need on the trail. All trekkers walk at their own pace accompanied by the trekking guide. With larger groups there is a "lead" and "sweep" Sherpa, providing support throughout.
The morning's walk to the lunch spot takes about three hours. Around mid-day we usually stop on the way for a simple hot lunch. After hiking for three to four hours in the afternoon, the campsite, is usually reached between 3-4 p.m. In the late afternoon and evening you can relax, wash, read or take a walk nearby. The evening meal is served between 6 and 7 p.m. in the dining room or in the dining tent if it is a camping trek. After dinner the guide will brief trekkers on the next day's hike.
Each day's hike is planned so that trekkers have time to see, photograph and explore the countryside. Anyone who is healthy and fit, enjoys the outdoors and hiking will qualify to participate in our treks.
Our trekking guide is a highly experienced/ government certified mountain guide who will lead the trek. Our primary concern is to let you enjoy your trip at your maximum level. While you are on a trek, our Nepali guides and porters will ensure that you are well looked after. The guide is in overall charge and takes responsibility to organize the trek en route and manage to deal with the local people and porters. Interacting with your guides is also a fun and informative way to gain local insights and you can pick up a bit of language and others skills that can make your trek much more enjoyable.
Food And Accommodation During Trek:
We have chosen the best lodges for this trek. They are the very finest in the Annapurna region, offering stupendous mountain views as well as easy access to villages. You will enjoy private rooms with en suite facilities and delicious meals served by experienced cooks. There will be clean and fresh running water inside the hotel/lodges on the trek.
High Altitude Sickness and Safety:
Anyone can be affected by Altitude Sickness. However, our itineraries are specifically designed to minimize the risks associated with trekking to high altitudes by building in acclimatization and rest days. In the event of any symptoms we will ensure that the individual descends to a lower altitude to achieve a quick recovery.
Altitude sickness is caused by abrupt change from low elevations to high altitudes.
Mild symptoms include: headache, shortness of breath, light-headache, difficulty sleeping, loss of appetite, mild nausea or vomiting, and fatigue. Our guide will not allow you to go too high too fast and are prepared to adjust the pace if necessary, so risk of ACUTE MOUNTAIN SICKNESS (AMS) is extremely low. On rare occasions, if this occurs to yourself or if you notice symptoms in a fellow trekker, please tell your guide immediately.
A comprehensive first aid kit is carried on the trek. However we advise you to carry your own personal first aid kit which includes specific items of preference.
Dates and Price
Small Group Departure
|Start Dates||End Dates||Size||Price (per person)||Remarks||Availability||Booking|
|Sep 20, 2017||Oct 04, 2017||02 - 18 people||US$ US $1930||Beginning of the season||Open||Book Now|
|Oct 10, 2017||Oct 24, 2017||02 - 18 people||US$ US $1930||-||Open||Book Now|
|Oct 16, 2017||Oct 30, 2017||02 - 18 people||US$ US $1930||Great Festival Season||Open||Book Now|
|Nov 05, 2017||Nov 19, 2017||02 - 18 people||US$ US $1930||-||Open||Book Now|
If the dates are not workable for you, chose your own date for a private trip.
Open This trip is OPEN for booking
Request On Request: You can book this trip on REQUEST
Closed SOLD OUT and no further booking is possible for this date