- Visit Kathmandu and explore its cities
- Ascend to 'Tiger's Nest' Monastery for an insight into Buddhist culture
- Gain magnificent views of the sacred peak, Jumolhari and Jichu Drake
- Explore the wilderness of Laya and Gasa villages
- Walk along picturesque farmland and forests
- Alpine pastures and cross high mountain passes
- Cultural tour of Paro and Thimphu after the trek
- Explore fortresses and market places of Thimphu and Paro
- Explore the imposing Punakha Dzong
Bhutan Laya Gasa Trek
Trip Code: HDBT02
- Activities: Cultural Tours, Trekking & Walking
- Max. Altitude: 5,005m/16, 420ft. [ Sinche La ]
- Group Size: 02 - 12
- Trip Seasons: April to June/ Mid Sep to Mid Nov.
This itinerary is designed to give you a hint of what is possible. We can adjust this trip to suit your specific requirements.Inquire Now
Ask the Expert
Consult With Our Experienced Staff & We’ll Make Your Dreams Come True.
Begin with a dream or an idea. Let us take your ideas and create for you a memorable trip to the Himalayas..Call Us at :
916 298 6617
Day by Day
Day 01 Arrive in Kathmandu (1300m/4500ft)
- Arrive in Katmandu, assistance at airport transfer to Hotel.
Day 02 Kathmandu: Sightseeing
- Kathmandu: Sightseeing
Day 03 Fly to Paro, Bhutan [2250m/7,500 ft]
- Morning fly to Paro, Bhutan. Watch spectacular mountain view including Mt. Everest. Visit Paro Dzong & Museum
Day 04 Hike ToTaksang (Tiger’s Nest) Monastery 3,110m/10,200ft - 4-5 hours.
- Tiger’s Nest Hike
Day 05 Drive To Drukyel Dzong (2,580m/8, 465 ft) &Commence trek to SharnaZampa(3,250m / 10, 665) – 5hrs
- Scenic drive, rice and wheat, barley fields, Mt. Chomolhari (7, 314m/23, 995 ft) etc.
Day 06 Trek to Soi Thangthanka 3,510 m/11,515 ft)
- Jigme Dorje National Park, wilderness, variety of species of plants and animals, forests etc.
Day 07 Trek to Jangothang 4, 100 m/13,451 ft – 5hrs
- View of Mt. Joholhari, alpine meadow, forests, view of mountain ridges and snow-capped peaks etc.
Day 08 Explore Jangothang – Rest Day !
- Optional: day hikes for a great views of Lakes, mountains, blue sheep etc.
Day 09 Trek to Lingshi(4,150m/13, 615 ft) – Cross Nyile La (4, 890m/ 16, 045 ft) – 7 hrs.
- Long hike and mountain pass, dwarf rhododendron forest, blue sheep, spectacular views of Mt. Jomolhari.
Day 10 Hike to Chebise (3, 980m/13, 058 ft)– 6 hrs.
- Lingshi Dzong, stone houses, waterfall. Visit village house.
Day 11 Trek to Shomuthang (3, 990m/13, 090ft) – Cross Gobu La (4, 450m/ 14, 600 ft) - 7 hrs
- Wide pastureland, yak herders, blue sheep
Day 12 Trek toRobluthang (4, 165m/13, 665 ft) Cross Jare La ( 4, 785m/15, 700 ft) – 7 hrs.
- Blue sheep & griffons, The Great Tiger Mountainetc
Day 13 Trek toLimithang (4,150m/13, 615 ft), Cross Sinche La (5,005m/16, 420 ft)- 7 hrs
- Cross stone house, impressive terminal moraine and a glacial lake, white ribbon streams, dramatic peaks, thick forests, lovely riverside camp.
Day 14 Trek to Laya Village (3,800m/12, 465 ft) – 5 hrs
- Trek through thick forests, pastures, river valley etc.
Day 15 Trek to Koina (3, 050m/10,005 ft) – 7 hrs
- Mountain river and water falls, lots of ups and downs trails.
Day 16 Trek to Gasa Village (2, 770m/9,090 ft), Cross Bale La ( 3, 950m/12, 960 ft) - 5 hrs
- Impressive Rhododendrons
Day 17 Transfer to Punakha – 1 and half hrs drive.
- Morning a visit to local bazar, Sightseeing in Punakha including Punakha Dzong.
Day 18 Drive to Thimpu
- Sightseeing in Thimphu: Thangka painting school, Archery competition etc.
Day 19 Fly to Kathmandu
- Spectacular flight to Kathmandu. Last minute shopping in Kathmandu. Farewell meal.
Day 20 Fly back home
- Fly back home
+ TOUR COST INCLUDES:
- International and domestic airport transfers as per the itinerary by private vehicle and check - in assistance.
- Accommodations based on double occupancy
- Guided sightseeing as per the itinerary
- Applicable entrance fees for the activities as mentioned
- Welcome dinner with live Nepalese culture program at BhojanGriha.
- Provision of all meals on the trek
- Lunch & Dinner with evening tea in Bhutan
- Fully camping trek inclusive of 2 men tent, dining tent and table & seating chair, toilet tent
- English speaking trekking guide, supporting Sherpas and necessary porters, cook and necessary kitchen equipment
- Insurance & clothing for trekking staff
+ TOUR COST DOES NOT INCLUDE:
- Nepal visa fee (check latest travel to Nepal link)
- Lunch & Dinner in Kathmandu
- Personal travel Insurance
- Personal expenses such as telephone bills, laundry, bar bills
- Applicable incurred cost due to cancelled or delayed flights
- Optional tipping or gratuities for guide, driver, porterage and baggage handling, room services.