- Begin trip in Kathmandu and visit its medieval temples and curious bazars
- Short hike to 'Tiger's Nest' Monastery for an insight into Buddhist culture
- Explore the ancient fortresses (Dzongs) of Thimphu and Paro
- Begin trek. Discover pristine wilderness trekking over high mountain passes
- Cross high mountain passes
- One of Bhutan’s finest treks travelling through picturesque farmland, forests,
- See alpine meadows and Rhododendron forests
- Superb mountains views of Bhutan’s most impressive peaks including
- Chomolhari, Jitchu Drake and Kangbum
- Visit the alpine Laya village
- Interact with local villagers at Thaza
- Cultural tour of Paro at the beginning of the trip and of Thimphu after the trek
Bhutan Snowman Trek
Trip Code: HDB111
- Activities: Trekking & Walking
- Max. Altitude: 5,320/17, 455ft [Rinchen Zoe La]
- Group Size: 4-16
- Trip Seasons: October & November
This itinerary is designed to give you a hint of what is possible. We can adjust this trip to suit your specific requirements.Inquire Now
Ask the Expert
Consult With Our Experienced Staff & We’ll Make Your Dreams Come True.
Begin with a dream or an idea. Let us take your ideas and create for you a memorable trip to the Himalayas..Call Us at :
916 298 6617
Day by Day
Day 01 Arrive in Kathmandu (1300m/4500ft)
- Arrive in Katmandu, assistance at airport transfer to Hotel.
Day 02 Fly to Paro, Bhutan [2250m/7,500 ft]
- Morning fly to Paro, Bhutan. Watch spectacular mountain view including Mt. Everest. Visit Paro Dzong & Museum
Day 03 Hike ToTaksang (Tiger’s Nest) Monastery 3,110m/10,200ft - 4-5 hours.
- Tiger’s Nest Hike, enjoy excellent hike, thousands of fluttering prayer flags, know buddhist rituals.
Day 04 Drive ToDrukyel Dzong (2,580m/8, 465 ft) &Commence trek to SharnaZampa(3,250m / 10, 665) – 5hrs
- Scenic drive, rice and wheat, barley fields, Bhutanese farm house.
Day 05 Trek to SoiThangthanka(3,510 m/11,515 ft)
- Jigme Dorje National Park, wilderness, variety of species of plants and animals, forests etc.
Day 06 Trek to Jangothang 4, 100 m/13,451 ft – 5hrs
- View of Mt. Joholhari, alpine meadow, forests, view of mountain ridges and snow-capped peaks etc.
Day 07 Explore Jangothang – Rest Day !
- Optional: day hikes for a great views of Lakes, mountains, blue sheep etc.
Day 08 Trek to Lingshi(4,150m/13, 615 ft) – Cross Nyile La (4, 890m/ 16, 045 ft) – 7 hrs.
- Long hike and mountain pass, dwarf rhododendron forest, blue sheep, spectacular views of Mt. Jomolhari.
Day 09 TREK to Chebise (3, 980m/13, 058 ft)– 6 hrs.
- Lingshi Dzong, stone houses, waterfall, alpine pastures, waterfall and visit village house.
Day 10 Trek toShomuthang (3, 990m/13, 090ft) – Cross Gobu La (4, 450m/ 14, 600 ft) - 7 hrs
- Wide pastureland, yak herders, blue sheep
Day 11 Trek toRobluthang (4, 165m/13, 665 ft) Cross Jare La ( 4, 785m/15, 700 ft) – 7 hrs.
- Blue sheep & griffons, The Great Tiger Mountain.
Day 12 Trek toLimithang (4,150m/13, 615 ft), Cross Sinche La (5,005m/16, 420 ft)- 7 hrs
- Cross stone house, impressive terminal moraine and a glacial lake, white ribbon streams, dramatic peaks, thick forests, lovely riverside camp.
Day 13 Trek to Laya Village (3,800m/12, 465 ft) – 5 hrs
- Trek through thick forests, pastures, river valley etc.
Day 14 ACCLIMATIZATION DAY IN LAYA VILLAGE
- Optional: Village school visit
Day 15 TREK TO RHODUPHU (4,215m/13,830ft) – 7 hrs
- Mountain river and water falls, lots of ups and downs trails, pines oaks and rhododendrons, alpine pastures.
Day 16 TREK TO NARETHANG (4,900m), Cross Tsome La (4,900m) - 6 hrs
- Impressive Rhododendrons, snowy peaks, glaciers, moraines and small alpine lakes.
Day 17 TREK TO TARINA (3,880m/12, 730ft), CROSS KARAKACHU LA(5,080m/16, 660ft) – 8 hrs.
- Glacial lakes, mighty peaks and excellent hike.
Day 18 TREK TO WOCHU VILLAGE (3,800m) – 6 hrs
- Conifer forests, beautiful mountain valleys. Feel the sense of isolation. Breathtaking scenery.
Day 19 TREK TO LHEDI (3,650m/11, 775ft), Cross KECHE LA (4, 485m/14, 715ft – 6 hrs
- Wide forested and beautiful river valley, spectacular waterfalls.
Day 20 TREK TO THANZA(3, 990m/13,090ft), Cross Chozo (4,070m/13, 355ft) – 6-7 hrs.
- The trail climbs gradually following the main source of the Pho Chhu to Chozo village. At the small Chozo Dzong there are some lay monks.
Day 21 REST DAY IN THAZA
- Interact with local villagers, explore beautiful surroundings.
Day 22 TREK TO DANJI (4,600m/15,000ft) – 4 hrs.
- Relatively short trek, spectacular vies of snow- capped peaks.
Day 23 TREK TO TSHOCHENA (4, 940m/16,210ft)- CrossJaze La (5,050m (16,570ft) – 6 hrs.
- Landscape with expanses of rocks and flats that are scattered with small glacial lakes. Blue sheep or ibex may be visible.
Day 24 TREK TO JICHU DRAMO (5, 050m/16, 570ft) – Cross Loju La (5, 140m/16, 870ft) – 7 hrs
- Series of gradual ups and downs between the snow-capped peaks and cross Loju La at 4940m/16, 300ft
Day 25 TREK TO CHUKARPO (4, 600m/15, 090ft) – Cross Zoe La (5, 325m/17, 470ft)-7 hrs
- Yak herders camp, lunar landscape of rocks, lakes of incredible green hues, glaciers and snowy summits. Cross highest pass of the trek Cross Zoe La (5, 325m/17, 470ft.
Day 26 TREK TO TAMPE TSHO (4, 300m/14, 110ft) – 6 hrs
- Thick tall forest of pines, rhododendron, birch and maple. Walk along the river. Um So Lake.
Day 27 TREK TO MOUROTHANG (3, 610m/11, 845ft) –Cross Tampe La (4,600m/15, 090ft) - 6hrs
- Mostly up and down. Rhododendron bushes and yak pasture.
Day 28 TREK TO SEPHU, TRANSFER TO PUNAKHA
- Final day of the trek. Descend through beautiful valley to the lovely village of Sephu. Beautiful Dzong, MangdeChhu river. Drive to Punakha
Day 29 PUNAKHA TO PARO, ENROUTE THIMPU
- Punakha Dzong, Visit Thimpu, capital of Bhutan, TrashiChhoe Dzong, Local shops.
Day 30 FLY TO KATHMANDU
- FLY TO KATHMANDU
day 31 FINAL DEPARTURE
- FINAL DEPARTURE
+ TOUR COST INCLUDES:
- International and domestic airport transfers as per the itinerary by private vehicle and check - in assistance.
- Accommodations based on double occupancy
- Guided sightseeing as per the itinerary
- Applicable entrance fees for the activities as mentioned
- Welcome dinner with live Nepalese culture program at Bhojan Griha.
- Provision of all meals on the trek
- Lunch & Dinner with evening tea in Bhutan
- Fully camping trek inclusive of 2 men tent, dining tent and table & seating chair, toilet tent
- English speaking trekking guide, supporting Sherpas and necessary porters, cook and necessary kitchen equipment
- Insurance & clothing for trekking staff
+ TOUR COST DOES NOT INCLUDE:
- Nepal visa fee (check latest travel to Nepal link)
- Lunch & Dinner in Kathmandu
- Personal Travel Insurance
- Personal expenses such as telephone bills, laundry, bar bills
- Applicable incurred cost due to cancelled or delayed flights
- Optional tipping or gratuities for guide, driver, porterage and baggage handling, room services.