- Short trek in the rural region of Tibet.
- Visit the legendary Yumulhakang castle.
- Visit the famous ruins of Ganden monastery
- Transfer to Tsedang from Samye Town
- Visit to Samye Monastery
- A glimpse of Tibetan Nomadic Life
Ganden To Samye Trek, Tibet
Trip Code: HDTT02
- Activities: Trekking & Walking
- Max. Altitude: [5300m] Shuga La
- Group Size: 2-12
- Trip Seasons: Late May to Early October
This itinerary is designed to give you a hint of what is possible. We can adjust this trip to suit your specific requirements.Inquire Now
Ask the Expert
Consult With Our Experienced Staff & We’ll Make Your Dreams Come True.
Begin with a dream or an idea. Let us take your ideas and create for you a memorable trip to the Himalayas..Call Us at :
916 298 6617
Day by Day
Day 01 Arrive in Lhasa [3,650m/11,972ft), 60km, 1 hrs] - 90
- Arrival and transfers.
Day 02 LHASA CITY TOUR
- Potala Palace, Jokhang Temple, Barkhor Street
Day 03 LHASA CITY TOUR
- Tour of Potala Palace, Jokhang & Norbulingka summer palace.
Day 04 DRIVE & TRANSFER TO GANDEN MONASTERY (4,300m/14,100 ft)
- The ochre walls, colorful prayer flags, high mountain ridge, ruins, murals and sculptures.
Day 05 TRANSFER TO TUBSHI, TREK TO YAMADO (43,00m /14, 100 ft
- Nomad habitation, ancient Tibetan village and nomad lifestyle
- Breakfast, Lunch & Dinner
Day 06 TREK TO TSOTUP CHU VALLEY VIA SHUGA LA, (5300m), 6 hrs, 10 kms.
- Alpine meadow, cross 5,300m/17,388ft, cairns & prayer flags, yak horns and nomad family.
- Breakfast, Lunch & Dinner
Day 07 TREK TO NOMAD CAMP (5,150m/16,892ft)
- Herder's camp, cairns, cross Chitu La (5100m)
- Breakfast, Lunch &Dinner
Day 08 TREK TO YAMALUNG HERMITAGE (3,800m/12,467ft) -4 hrs
- Forests, Tibetan villages, small temples and housed with meditating monks.
Day 09 EXPLORE SAMYE MONASTERY & YARLUNG RIVER VALLEY (3,556m/11,667ft) -
- Samye Monastery – one of the important monasteries in Tibet, barren mountains, dramatic sand dunes, relics, murals, Yarlung River (Brahmaputra River).
Day 10 TRANSFER TO TSEDANG (3,580m/11,745ft)
- Visit The First King's Palace-Yumbhu Lhakang, Farmland, Temple of Trandruk featured by the pearl Thangka.
Day 11 DRIVE TO LHASA - 5 hrs.
- Sand dunes beside the Yalong river, free walking.
Day 12 FINAL DEPARTURE FROM LHASA
- Transfer to the Airport for your onward journey!
+ PRICE INCLUDES:
- English speaking local guide.
- 5 nights in mid-range hotels in Lhasa and Tsedang and 6 nights camping.
- Breakfast only in the cities and full board during camping.
- All transfers and sightseeing by private van and supporting vehicle for gears and supplies for group size 4 persons and above.
- All camping facilities and meals on Trek.
- Local Tibetan cook. Additional helpers are provided for group size 4 persons and more.
- Pack animals with animal driver.
- Tibet entry permit and all other necessary permits for the trip.
- Sightseeing admission fees
- PRICE DOES NOT INCLUDE:
- International and internal air fare into and out of Lhasa.
- Chinese visa fee.
- Lunch and evening meals
- Travel & health insurance.
- Medical Immunizations.
- All extra expenses caused due to nature or unforeseen events. Excess baggage charges.
- Optional tipping to local staffs, hotels etc.
- Items of a personal nature.
Dates and Price
Getting into Tibet:
To get to Lhasa, it is possible to fly from major Chinese cities as well as from Kathmandu and other Asian airports, (HongKong, Bangkok} Flights from these cities will lead you to Chengdu, China and then on to Lhasa.
Chinese Visa and Tibet Travel Permit:
The foreign tourists must apply for a Tibetan travel permit before entering Lhasa and traveling around Tibet, according to the law of People's Republic of China. If your travel begins at Kathmandu, we will take care of all details for you. We will pre-process your visa application and it will be ready for the final work when you arrive in Kathmandu. If your travel begins in Bangkok or Hong Kong or any mainland Chinese cities, we suggest that you obtain a Chinese visa on your own from the nearest Chinese embassy or consulate in your home country and provide Himalayan Dreams with a copy of it a month ahead of your travel plans. Please, do not indicate on your visa form that you are traveling to Tibet. Leave the rest of the details and processing to us.
When to go:
Tibet is on a high plateau, its climate belongs to the typical downy special climate. Lhasa’s climate is mild without severe winters or summers, temperatures in May, June and September are between 12 to 15 degree centigrade, Lhasa also benefits from long hours of sunshine as rainfalls mainly at night leaving days bright and sunny. The main rainy season is between July and September. From November to March Lhasa is cold with average temperature between -2 to 4 degree centigrade.
Tour cost and dates are subject to change. International airfare to Kathmandu and return not included.
Currently there are no fixed departure dates for this trip. Please click the button below for the inquiry or you can also book this trip as a private departure with your desired dates.