The treks offer great opportunity to explore traditional villages, old monasteries, vibrant Tibetan-Buddhist culture and plenty of Yak herds on alpine meadows. Langtang valley floor and alpine slopes of Langtang bloom profusely with primula, poppy and other alpine flowers making a grand spectacle of wild flowers. Gosaikunda – a mountain lake, and an important Hindu pilgrimage site in the Himalaya.
Langtang Gosainkunda Treks
13 Days from US$ 1485pp*
Trip Code: HDL104
- Activities: Cultural Tours
- Max. Altitude: 4361M/14307FT
- Group Size: 02-12
- Trip Seasons: Autumn - Spring
This itinerary is designed to give you a hint of what is possible. We can adjust this trip to suit your specific requirements.Inquire Now
Ask the Expert
Consult With Our Experienced Staff & We’ll Make Your Dreams Come True.
Begin with a dream or an idea. Let us take your ideas and create for you a memorable trip to the Himalayas..Call Us at :
916 298 6617
The treks offer great opportunity to explore traditional villages, old monasteries, vibrant Tibetan-Buddhist culture and plenty of Yak herds on alpine meadows. Langtang valley floor and alpine slopes of Langtang bloom...
Day by Day
Day 1 Drive Kathmandu - Dhunche (1966m).
- After early breakfast transfer from hotel to bus station from where you will be driven to Trishuli accompanies with your guide and porter, for about 4 hours and from Trishuli it's a steady drive of about another 5 hours up to Dunche (1966m) and it's 110 km in total. Dunche is our overnight spot for today. From here we have excellent views of the high peaks. The most notable are Gheng (6581m), and Langtang Lirung (7246m) to the north and Ganesh peak (7460m) to the west.
Day 2 Dhunche - Syabru Bensi (1462m).
- Crossing the Trishuli river (1680 m) as it drains away from the Gosainkund Lakes, we climb steeply through beautiful Chir and Blue pine forest. This is usually an excellent day for wildlife and birds. By the time we reach Syabru (2130m), the views the Langtang valley are magnificent and more and more of the snow peaks of Tibet became visible.
Day 3 Syabru Bensi - Lama Hotel (2647m).
- Descend to the Langtang river, cross and head upriver through an impressive gorge. For the rest of the day, there is almost no human habitation but the forests of rhododendron and prickly leafed oak, alive with bird life. Overnight stay at Gompa, just as the valley starts to widen again.
Day 4 Lama hotel - Kyangin Gompa (3049m).
- The valley is now the typical glacier-worn-shaped valley, in contrast to the steep water-worn V-shaped valley, we passed through earlier. Keep our eyes open for the Himalayan Thar, a large mountain goat often seen on the higher slopes. Views of the valley and its soaring peaks are very impressive. We lunch near the Tibetan village of Langtang. After Lunch, we continue through the yak pastures under the great snow peaks to Kyangin Gompa (3049m).
Day 5 Kyangin Gompa (3049m)
- Today is a rest and exploration day. From out campsite, the views of Langtang Lirung (7246m), Langtang Ri (7239m), Lonpo Gang (7100m), and Dorji Lakpa (6989m) are magnificent. This is a day to rest and relax or if you wish, there are several worthwhile excursion up to the glaciers. A 2 hours climb to Yala, a small cheese factory provides spectacular views. The valley is in the midst of exceptionally rugged and beautiful mountain ranges, ringed with glaciers, snowfalls and huge moraines.
Day 6 Kyangin Gompa - Lama hotel (2647m)
- We retrace our steps down-hill to Gompa. A very pleasant walk
Day 7 Gompa - Syabru (3001m)
- We descend downhill to cross the Langtang river again. We have plenty of time to enjoy the large stands of Larch, the flowers and the valley views. After lunch, we climb steeply to Syabru and overnight stay.
Day 8 Syabru - Sing Gompa (3254m)
- A day climbing through forests of fir and rhododendron. The only signs of human habitation are the occasional shepherd's huts. At the points where water is found. Overnight stay at Sing Gompa(3254m).
Day 9 Sing Gompa - Gosainkund (4361m)
- A steep rugged trail but adequately compensated for by dramatic views: to the west-Himal Chuli (7893m), Manaslu (8156m), and Ganesh peak (7406m). And possibly even the Annapurna ranges. Towards the north, across the valley is Lngtang Lirung. We pass the few huts in high yak pastures of Laurebina (4609m), cross a small ridge and have our first views of the Holy Lakes. There are over a dozen lakes in the Gosainkund Basin, the main three being Saraswatikund, Bhairavkund and Gosainkund. According to the legend, Lord Shiva created Gosainkund when he pierced a glacier with his trident to obtain water to quench his thirst after swallowing some poison. Overnight near Gosainkund (4361m).
Day 10 Gosainkund - Thare Pati (3597m)
- We continue over rugged trails and pass several trains and pass several other smaller lakes to the Thare Pati Pass (4602m), then descend along a ridge to the tree line past beautiful waterfalls, through juniper and rhododendron forest and we descend to the huts to Thare Pati. This is a long but very interesting day to Thare Pati.
Day 11 Thare Pati - Tamang village (2142m)
- We drop steadily all day through fir and rhododendron forests and then through prickly leafed oak forest. Stop at the Tamang village of Gul Bhangjyang (2130m) for overnight stay. This ridge walk provides excellent views of the mountains and the Helambu valley.
Day 12 Tamang village - Chisapani (2194m)
- The day's walk consists of gentle 'ups & downs' generally following a ridge to camp just above Chisapani (2194m) with excellent panoramic views of the Himalaya from Ganesh to Everest.
Day 13 Chisapani - Sundarijal - Kathmandu
- We climb to the small pass at Burlang Bhagjyang (2438m) and take our last look at the great line of snow peaks of the Himalayas before descending to the Kathmandu valley and Sundarijal (1457m) from where we drive about 45 minutes back to Kathmandu.
Dates and Price
Currently there are no fixed departure dates for this trip. Please click the button below for the inquiry or you can also book this trip as a private departure with your desired dates.
Book this trip as a private departure
for any group size, big or smallBOOK NOW
Why Travel with Himalayan Dreams
Trust and Confidence
It is with us that you can feel confident that your holiday will become a memorable experience. The process of creating holidays in rigorous. We scout for locations and short list the best and the most experienced tour/trekking guides. We make sure that our people are trustworthy before we hire them and bring them to become a part of your tour or holiday. We perform a thorough scrutiny of our accommodations. These we do, to ensure that we maintain a very high standard so that you can get the best out of your holiday.
Environment and Conservation
Every holiday must bear social responsibilities not as a necessity but as a privilege. We believe in the conservation of the environment, responsible tourism and sustainability. We have always planned our holidays by keeping these as our core values and we continue to function as a responsible organization dedicated to preserve the pristine environment of the Himalayas. We hire local, experienced people who play a direct part in improving not just your travel experience but all those who are positively affected by your visit.
Trekking in Nepal, India, Tibet and Bhutan requires one to find the best way to maximise connectivity and interactions with culture and nature. We have therefore created the best journeys to help you gather the best experiences on your trip to the Himalayas. We make sure that our journeys aren’t hectic for you and ensure that you have a superb holiday experience. Our tours are about explorations, most of them unknown to you but they bring out the best of each destination we offer.
Team of Professionals
We always work as a family, a group of well trained, experience, knowledgeable individuals who are proud of what they do and who are good at their job. This comes from being passionate about holidays or any kind of tours or treks that you may pick. Our teams of logistics and guides are always prepared in advance and you will be guided thoroughly and will give you information on what to expect from a certain trip. Our response is prompt and our knowledge, abundant.
Small Group Travel
We believe that you must travel in small groups because it lessens the environmental impact and it helps us give you the personal attention that you require in a foreign country. This is the reason why your travel becomes a special experience. Traveling in small groups will also allow you to be fully immersed in the local culture. Transfers in vehicles become easy and all holidays can be organized to perfection.
Value for money
We always offer competitive prices though we do not comprise on facilities and comfort, like transportation, tour guides, meals, accommodations, and entrance fees. Our tours cater to the ultimate traveler who wants to travel without any hassles to optimize a holiday experience. What you receive from us is personal care regardless of where you travel. Our services reach even in the remote portions of our destinations whether you tour or trek. All of these services result in a meaningful trip, turning holidays into lasting memories.