Narphu Valley Trek
Trip Code: HDTN10
The spectacular valleys of Nar and Phu in Nepal were closed to tourists until 2002. As a result, much of this area hasn’t been trekked at all. These are regions inhabited by ethnic Tibetans with a distinct cultural identity of their own. A trek around this area is one that combines sights of high peaks and passes, glaciers, remote villages, narrow canyons, dense forests, amazing rock formations, yaks, gompas and unique cultures. Those who have already been around the Annapurna region would have slightly missed the trail to this beautiful region since it requires one to cross a bridge leading over the Maryland River to the steep portals of the Nar/Phu valleys. The entry to these valleys, while narrow at first, later on leads one to a wide expanse of land which commands views of snow-peaks, ancient villages and high altitude grazing settlements. You can explore the valleys above Phu and then from Nar cross the Kang La to Ngawal on the upper Pisang route leading back into the Annapurna circuit.
This itinerary is designed to give you a hint of what is possible. We can adjust this trip to suit your specific requirements.Inquire Now
- Explore the isolated corner of the Annapurna region: high Passes, gigantic peaks, glaciers, far-flung villages, gorges, amazing forests
- Centuries old monasteries and Tibetan cultural settlements
- Incredible views of the Annapurna Mountain, Lamjung Himal
- Camp above colorful and timeless villages and spend plenty of time exploring nature
- Trip Duration: 1-7 days
- Destination: Nepal
- Activities: Trekking & Walking
- Trip Grade: Strenous
- Group Size: 2-18
- Trip Seasons: May through Oct
- Price: $500 - $1500
- Max. Altitude: 5416m/17769ft
Ask the Expert
Consult With Our Experienced Staff & We’ll Make Your Dreams Come True.
Begin with a dream or an idea. Let us take your ideas and create for you a memorable trip to the Himalayas..Call Us at :
916 298 6617
Day by Day
Day 01 Arrive in Kathmandu [1300m]
- The immensity of the Kathmandu valley is evident as you fly into Tribhuwan International Airport, with Kathmandu stretching into the Himalaya mountains on the horizon. Assistance upon arrival and transfer to Hotel.
Day 02 Full Day escorted sightseeing Kathmandu Valley